What is the scope of the role?
- To build a strong personal brand in your market. To become one of the stand-out Recruiters operating in your market, highly respected and valued by your talent pools and client contacts
- To become a Subject Matter Expert in your market
- Build a network of candidates that you will track on a regular basis, offer career insights and other areas of value add that will help build your brand
- To learn a new set of recruitment technology apps & tools that will help you identify, source and engage talent more effectively than the traditional tools currently used by most recruitment agencies
- Build out a strong client network, consisting of strategic accounts, prospects, live and historical clients. Your goal will be to become a trusted advisor.
- Our working culture encourages inter-personal contact at every opportunity, so you will be expected to meet candidates and clients as often as possible. We prefer Consultants to be out meeting contacts, rather than staying in the office doing their business via the phone.
- If you work a European market, you will be expected to organise trips to your European customers on a monthly basis
Who fits this role?
Digital Transformation is at the core of what we do. It’s the difference between Blockbuster being a force in the 90’s and early-2000s and the powerhouse that Netflix is today. It’s the difference between MSN Messenger having 330 million active users each month in 2009 to WhatsApp having 1.5 billion active users by the end of 2017.
It’s not only having a big impact on our customers by providing them the talent to deliver this, it’s having a huge impact on the recruitment industry. The recruitment industry needs change, too much of it still works in the same way it did when MSN Messenger was at the height of its powers.
The world has changed, and recruitment needs to change with it, so Third Republic really fits people who:
- Don’t want to work in an archaic company
- Want to develop their skills and utilise more modern recruitment techniques
- That want to cultivate long lasting and trusting professional relationships
- That like the idea of developing marketing, creative writing skills, and like tech
- Enjoy networking and will happily spark up a conversation with a stranger
- That are financially motivated and want to maximise their earnings
- Want to be judged on the merit of their results rather than the quantity of their activity
- That look at things from a long-term perspective rather than a blinkered short-term viewpoint
What could this role offer me?
Most agencies in the UK and US are now clones of each other, replicating the same outdated recruitment methods and working cultures that were designed for an era that existing 10 years ago.
Third Republic is embracing the shift to the digital era; developing forward thinking sales strategies and headhunting methodologies fit for the modern digital world. As a result, you will gain exposure to forward thinking recruitment methods that we believe will give you:
- Improved job satisfaction: If you want a modern working environment that encourages flexible working and trust, you will be given the autonomy to work from home, the office or in the field. It isn’t about the hours that you work or how many minutes you spend cold calling, it’s simply about results.
- Higher earnings: Unlike many recruitment agencies, we have a clear selling point which will make engaging and selling to potential clients a lot easier. Our methodology is based around providing insights rather than a strong-arming sales pitch. Over 10% of our profits are being invested into Inbound & Outbound marketing to help drive new leads directly to you.
- Bespoke training: We are not a business that will hire 10 people at a time hoping that 3 will stay with the company for longer than a year. We don’t have a set profile of a person that we look to hire. We hire the individual. This means that when we train our consultants, we look to keep that individuality. Where one person may be very confident on a call but not find retaining technical information their strong suit, another may absorb technical information effortless but be relatively shy or uneasy speaking to someone. Training both the same things to work the same way is just not effective. Our training, a combination of heavily on-desk, e-learning and classroom, looks to gauge a person’s strengths and weaknesses and build from there.